Monday, October 16, 2006

Models?

So if you found me, it is b/c I wanted to be found. That is the only way about it.

So I am not a snob or anything but I was a fashion model for 10 years. I walked some big runways and was in some major magazines. I do not look down on others who are not models, not in anyway. I don't look down on anyone (on purpose anyway, I am almost 6' tall) but there is one species that annoys me and that is wanna be models who think highly of themself. Hell, I was a big fashion model and didn't think highly of myself, the exact opposite so seeing someone who shouldn't think highly of themself do so annoys the hell out of me.

So I had a "model" come into Closet a la mode (our store) for a fitting for a charity fashion show and since she was the last one we were down to the last dress that all the other wanna be models didn't like. I am not surprised it is a modest dress but very fashionable but these aren't fashion models, these are "standing next to a car in a swimsuit models". I was prepared for her to not like the dress, I was not prepared for her to try it on and walk out like she was wearing fire. I said I will find you something else and I see a very figure flattering sexy dress that I knew would be right up her alley and what did she say when I brought it out? "Oh yes these dresses look good on me, they compliment my long legs" I almost laughed out loud and just agreed as I looked down on her, literally. I am 6' with 42" legs and she was 5'7" and who knows how "long" her legs were. I was just so funny how she was bragging about her legs to me. Westwood class of 1997 Best Legs. Oh yes that title will be on my headstone.

I remember in my model days you wore what they gave you and complimented it and acted like it was the prettiest thing that ever hit your body. I was astonished and taken back but whatever, my day is over. Thank God for my blog that I can relive my glory days at and not look too much like an stuck up asshole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG YES!!! Put that on your headstone.
I had no idea you were that tall (I'm 5 8)

Did you like it growing up?

Kim said...

Absolutely not! I hate growing up so tall!