We took the kids up north this weekend for some fun creek swimming and some relaxing. We had a great time and two friends of Andrews came with their girlfriends. We all had a real great time. I was very grateful to his friends who were so willing to make sure Lily was able to enjoy the fun as well as the rest of us. They all worked together to get her and her wheelchair down the mountains and into a nice soft beachy spot. It was really sweet to see these guys holding Lily and doing what they could to keep her included.
On the way back home Andrew and I were discussing our trip to Cancun coming up Thursday the 14th. I have mentioned it a few times, we are going for a good friends wedding. Well it is an all inclusive vacation except for excursions of course, so we were discussing ones we'd like to do. Andrew has this obsession with sharks thanks to the Discovery Channel and he says you can swim with sharks in Cancun, well I found online you can swim with whale sharks and they are pretty harmless and it is a snorkeling adventure, not scuba so I said maybe I would do it, but I said it very hesitantly. He says why are you so scared they are harmless they don't bite, and I said well even if they can't bite me, I am pretty sure they can push me pretty far! He knows I am the most cautious human on the planet so why does he even bother with these conversations with me. I said I would snorkel b/c the difference with snorkeling and scuba (besides the whole panicking under water thing and trying to scream which isn't good with an oxygen tank in your mouth, but that is a whole different story I will save for never) but the difference is if I get freaked out while snorkeling I can always pop my head up and pretend I never saw anything and if I don't see you, you don't exists (probably also why I get in trouble on my blog) and with scuba if I see you and I can't go anywhere to hide, well that is when I get in trouble.
So after that long winded conversation that I am sure just overly exhausted my husband, I ended it with this "you know my favorite excursion that I love the most? The one where you lie down and put your face in a round circle and they rub you, I like that one".
He loves me.
Oh and I saw Mama Mia again this weekend. I think it is borderline obsession and I think Andrew is getting nervous with his son in my stomach hearing Abba all day long. He might as well prepare for a son on Broadway because if I have anything to do with raising this young lad, it will be a lot of music and dancing and arts and crafts. Deal with it!
Monday, August 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ooohh I'd love to swim with some sharks. I would use the pregnancy as an excuse if I were you though ;)
Post a Comment