Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"My Wife's Pregnant"

So this pregnancy is so far beyond different than my girls. I am constantly craving spicy, salty foods and so far no heartburn that plagued me from conception to delivery with both girls.

Interestingly enough on accident I tried a Mexican candy that Andi picked up at the store. We were at Target in Mesa and Mesa is also called Mesico so you can probably understand that with the Snickers there is candy from Mexico called Lucas. The candy is in a cute little bottle and is purple so Andi was attracted to it, until she tried it. It is a sweet sucker that dips into salt and chili pepper. She took one lick and gagged and looked at me and said "I don't like that!" So I said "let me see", took a lick and made a face. Took another lick and made another face. Paused for awhile. Dipped it in and took another lick and before I knew it, it was gone. I still was unsure if I indeed liked it or not, but bought some more in Mexico. Finished those and got another at Target in Mesa (only in Mesa Target you can find it). I am still not sure if I "like" the candy, but my mouth waters when I think about it and I sure eat it a lot of it. And this is even after I threw it up last week. I think a bratwurst I ate didn't agree with me and I was sitting and watching tv eating my Lucas and I have to run to the bathroom and damn if it doesn't hurt to throw up chili powder and salt!

Anyway, I have a point (somewhere) last night I was exhausted, had a bad day and needed a nap so Andrew went to the gym and took Andi with him. When they returned he and Andi had ice cream and he threw me a paper bag and I opened it up and look what I found.




This isn't from Costco either, this is from a store called Water and Ice and he bought each of those individually. He said when he got to the check out counter he just said "my wife is pregnant" and they guy laughed.

So that is really saying something that Andrew knew that I could care less about the ice cream and wanted this crazy stuff..... I must be growing a penis in there.....

2 weeks until the actual u/s to tell us for sure, but I would be shocked if this wasn't a boy, plus I am really starting to like the idea of a son. All was well at my apt. the whale shark apparently had no effect on the little one and I get to deliver at the hospital I wanted to, but my Dr. didn't deliver there, but now does. Yeah! Andrew may actually have a place to sleep at this hospital. Not that I really care about his comfort after having a child ripped from my insides, but hey if someone is comfortable, well that is better than none.

2 comments:

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

Can I just say how EXCITED I am that you are probably having a boy?!! Can't wait for the u/s in a couple of weeks!

:) Char

Tiffany said...

That is a funny story. Props to Andrew for thinking of his pregnant wife! It gives me the chills when I read about you having a boy. So excited for the both of you!