So I paid the outrageous fee to dress up and act like 10 years ago wasn't really that long ago. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I am going to my 10 year reunion, next month. WTF? Seriously?
I mean a lot has happened since Beverly Hills ended their show and Friends was just in the early stages. But 10 years, seriously? Actually over 10 years. I graduated in May 1997. It is August 2007.
I have always been the youngest in everything yet somehow I am not feeling so young.
I am not even sure why I am going. I am good friends with the same girls I was back then and everyone else I am not so sure how I feel about seeing. I mean, I have a Myspace. I know what they are all up to.
I guess it is just a good excuse to go to a bar, dress up and hang out with my friends that I do anyway. I guess we can always laugh at the cliche used to be hot football players that are still reliving their glorious touch downs of days passed. And marvel at how we really should have given that nerd a chance, seeing he is now a top investment banker making millions a year. But he is still a nerd. We could tell everyone about the fact we invented post it notes.
No, I will go there with my friends, sans hubby and we will sit back and probably laugh. Knowing, we weren't the coolest, most popular, but hell we are living the good life. We are all happy, married with fabulous kids. Sure we aren't orthopedic surgeons in NYC, like our class valedictorian. And maybe some people find it sad to be married with kids 10 years out of school, but I don't care. I would care more if I was going in thinking I had something to prove, but I don't. I don't have a fabulous job. I am not coming back famous like so many in my year book predicted, but I am going back happy and I am pretty sure that counts for something. Plus my legs still look good. Class of 1997 best legs and they still look fabulous!
Just hope my ex husband doesn't show up. Then things may get awkward.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment