Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hair Woes... Help

So I have been growing out my hair since I cut it short after I had Lily. So for almost 5 years I have only had a trims. I have never had hair this long and up until a few months ago I loved it. Grantied it is thin and stringy and I have curly hair under the thin straight top layer. So pretty much I have gross hair, but b/c I have never had it long I have been hanging on to it. I am over it though, I think. I wear a pony, a braid or a bun every single day. On the occasional day I actually blow dry my hair straight, it looks good for the first few hours, then stringy and in a pony tail.
I am conflicted with the option of cutting short. I have had short hair, a lot. It looks cute, when done of course. But my hair long looks good done. I don't spend time on my hair, so I think not done and long in a pony is better than short and not done in a barely there pony. But I also love Katie Holmes (Cruz) new hair cut. I loved Nicole Richies short and gag I know but I like Paris's hair when she doesn't have the extensions in.
Here is me with my camera phone, on my way to work, just showered and air dried.




And here is just an hour after at work. Like my new blue walls by the way?


I have an apt. for Friday at 10am regardless, I need a trim at least and some highlihghts but I am really tempted to cut it all off.
I get like this. I almost bought red red wash out stuff just b/c I am going stir crazy. This happens to me every few years where I need something different to my hair and soon. I am afraid to wait for Friday.
Shoulder? Chin? Layers? None? Just a trim? Give me some comments people.
Here are some cuts I like right now.

I love her, say as you will about her and Tom, I have always loved Joey Potter
her hair is much thicker than mine though.


I also love Jessica Simpson, her hair also much thicker, I love this cut and color.


I like this, her hair looks more like mine


This is really short, but really cute. Not sure who this even is.


We have to keep in mind, I am very tall, so I don't want to look like a q-tip.
Andrew's only request is no straight across my forehead bangs, and I agree.
So people discuss....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Jessica simpson picture will look great! I have the same hair type as yours, wave, I have my sylist put long layers in it, to give it a little more to it, than straight across. I think it will look HOT!!!

Kim

jennifer said...

I dont know but you need to figure it out so I can decide if I want to cut mine too....LOL

ps. cut pics

Anonymous said...

I always have that same problem. When its short I want it long and vice versa..I say just get layers and color and if it still bugs you then chop it off. Otherwise you might regret it. You always look beautiful even with your hair in a pony tail! :)

Curt, Charlene, Luke, Ty, Jake and Chase said...

I am like that, too. I hate having to fix my hair and usually only do it on Sunday's for church.

I say something more like Jessica's, that way it's still long enough for a pony tail. You'll look fabulous no matter what style to go with!
**Char