So we had a great weekend! I was ready for my babies on Sunday, but they didn't return until Monday night. We spent Friday night in Scottsdale, we dined on a dinner that the cost probably could have feed a village for a month, and I feel guilty for that. But we really had a nice time. We laughed, talked and then spent the night in a lovely resort that cost less than dinner! We relaxed Saturday and spent the evening with another couple whom we are friends with and on Sunday we went tubing the salt river. It was a really great time. We went with my family and had a blast. I'd like to do it again.
We did some bowling, remember our cousin is in town, well offically Andrew's from South Dakota. So we have been entertaining her. Like bowling is a sacrifice for me. I was kicking butt and taking names our third game, but due to a time limit I was robbed! I had either a strike or spare 6 out of 8 frames and my score was rocking, then errrrrrrrr time out.
Anway, girls came back at 7:30pm, Andi gave me a HUGE hug and kiss. Lily pooped and feel asleep. Nothing like being comfortable in your own home! Then Andi wanted boobie and since I had gotten over the engorgement, I said no hunny, no more boobie and she cried for about 15 minutes then got over it. I lied down with her in her big girl bed, the was the first time she slept in it and I had to stay with her until she fell asleep, but she did and slept until 6am there! She cried again this morning for boobie, but again I told her no. I think I have about 12-18 more hours until I dry up. I am no longer engorged and the pain as subsided... ohhh weeee did I hurt on Sunday! But I will not go thru that again. We nursed for 2 years 3 months and 5 days. I think it is time to let it go! We just have to get thru naptime today (scary) and bedtime again tonight. Then I should be dry and I will be staying with Lily at the hospital for that Video EEG for the next few days, so I am glad to have weaned her in a comfortable way. She loved being in Greer with her grandparents and already said this morning "Ggrandma Greer again".
I have more to say but I have to pick the girls up in an hour and I still have work to do.
More from me, later... not sure when though since I will be chillin at the hospital for awhile.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am ever so proud of you. You did an AWESOME job breastfeeding Andy. I am glad the weaning is going so smoothly. Good on you
You brought back memories of engorgement. Mmmm, gee, thanks for that! LOL.
It's cool that you can trust the grandparents with the kids when they are that small. They actually, you know, remember to uh, FEED THEM. (My father had my 20 month old with him all morning running errands once from about 8:00 - 2:00 pm. I made him PROMISE ME he would feed her. He did. At lunch she got a Snickers candy bar.)
Awe she's weaned!!! My milk took over 6 months to finally dry up! Granted, the engorgement was gone way before that, but I could still get it to come out. It wasn't until I got pregnant the SECOND time after I weaned Noah that it finally went buh-bye!! It's REALLY sad, though, when they ask for it! He's still asking for boobie and I tell him the milk is all gone til this new baby girl is born then it will come back. I can see it now.... tandem nursing a toddler and a newborn. UGH!! LOL
Post a Comment