Friday, June 15, 2007

Emotional Bing and Purge

Ever feel like you are taking in and taking in and taking in and there is no where else for it to go?
Yesterday I had to take Lily to Music Therapy at 5:30pm in downtown Phoenix, a good 40-45min drive from our home. We had to do make ups and felt obligated.
The drive there Andi screamed the entire time. It was late in the afternoon, she was hungry and something triggered her and she screamed until we got there. Then when we got there there was an older autistic girl who had an extreme melt down and was screaming like something I have never seen before. She was very large so it was hard for the parent and therapist to control her, and it was heart wrenching to watch. I just can't imagine. Lily is so kind natured, I always wonder who I would have become if she had other issues that changed her personality.
So we wait an hour for Lily, Andi is watching the older big kids play in the waiting room and not allowing her to join, it's cool, I am the youngest, I understand it happens.
So Lily shows up, we get back in the car and something overwhelms me and I am sobbing while driving. SOBBING!
It was our BFF's last day of summer school. Which since she is 5, it is her last day at the FBC ever. I made really good friends with her mom and watching her last day just hit home that in a few weeks Lily too will have her last day too. We had graduation which was sad, but I knew we still had the best teacher in the world for a few weeks this summer. Our BFF has a nice summer vacation so she is doing something fun, but she is gone. Cubby cleaned out, gone. I just thought, OMG, Lily's last day will break me totally.
I know people think, it's preschool, no big deal. I know it sounds silly. But read Lily's website, this place is far more than a preschool, it has been my life line for 4 years. Now we are moving on.
Also my church that I have been going to since I was a year old has been going thru changes and our Pastors last Sunday was last Sunday. I personally love them as a family and it is hard to see them go.
And of course I am on my period.
So I just purged last night like I haven't done in a long time. I still look bad, well it doesn't help that my husband used his outside voice on his cell at 5:30am waking me up and then watching the very last episode of Dawson's Creek from 6-7am once again just sobbing. I just love that show. The finale was so freaking sad. I know it was cheesy and I have seen it a million times, but it still breaks me up.
I am a mess. I need to go to work. I need a shower.
Please some one with some clout call Father Time, I really need him to stretch it out for a few more weeks.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think I have cried every single time my kids have changed schools. It is emotional, and especially for our kids (Lily and Jenelle) because these people are more than just teachers and aides... they are part of the reason our girls have progressed and accomplished goals and such. They are much more than just a school. Hugs! The next place will be just as wonderful!