On the Wednesday after a HUGE election I am wondering do I post my political thoughts? But I have not been political at all. Ok maybe a little, but the only reason I got a little political was because I was so frustrated with all the phone calls and flyer's for the same darn prop daily. But believe me I got a little annoyed at the two calls placed yesterday urging us to vote for John McCain saying there is still time. I did vote. Two weeks ago. By mail. I will say I was really torn this election. I watched Obama during the Dem convention and was glued to the TV. He made a lot of sense and I had a feeling that he might unite a divided country. But then I always had to go back to cutie John McCain. He is a hometown boy. I think if he were Pres during 9/11 the world would be in a different place, but I didn't agree fully on all his issues, nor did I with Obama. I thought it would be nice to a special needs parent in the white house, but then again I know how important those first three years are to any child's development, let alone a special child and was torn if I wanted her in the white house or back with her family, still in a demanding position, but obviously less than running the country if need be. So I was back and forth, back and forth. And I did cast my ballot of John McCain. There was too little I knew about Obama and frankly the union scares me. Not in all situations, especially under government ran companies, but personally right here at home, they are bullies that I do not respect in the least. Sorry that was a little political, but I have deleted my post three times and I think I will just leave it at that. But I will say that although I was a little disappointed, I do have a feeling that this world may be a better place. I am praying it will. Maybe we will be able to help those in need all the while supporting those who work really hard to get where they are at. As long as there is a balance that will be a wonderful thing.
But if I am posting from the public library soon because I have no home let alone internet connection, well we will all know why.
Just kidding.
I hope.
So that is it from me about politics. I like change from time to time and I am being open minded and positive and praying this will be a fresh change. Maybe more money will go to funding things for my Lily bug. And maybe more research money will go towards finding a cure for rare things like whatever Lily has and making this something of the past. I do feel excited to be a part of history. This is a huge stepping stone and another way to unite us!
Let's all hold hands and move forward. Together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment