Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wash that world right off my shoulders

Lily's pediatrician called to say that we are not carriers of this mutation Lily has! The mutation is on her CDKL5 and we will get a full report in a week or so. I am hoping more info on Lily will be on that report. But for now we are breathing a huge sigh of relief.
I also decided with this news to go ahead with a VBAC (I am doing my best to eliminate the word "try" from my vocab)! My OB is on board and I am so excited at trying this thing all natural. The best thing is they can't induce me, which I don't want to be, but the bad side is if I am a week over and don't go into labor naturally I have to have a c-section. So in about 10 weeks or so I think I will be having a lot of sex (sorry maw), drinking castor oil, rubbing some prime eve oil (or whatever that is called), eating spicy foods and doing a lot of mall walking! And asking you all to send me open up that cervix vibes!
I have never gone into labor naturally (and this is only my 3rd!) and I am excited at the thought! I just really hope I can do it and avoid a c-section.
So that is our news, although I may seem to have some mutations I actually don't. And neither does my husband, which I had my money on. YAY!

2 comments:

Me said...

Great news!!!!

As for everything you plan on trying... well, have fun but no amount of sex or mall walking is going to bring that baby sooner. Trust me. :)

You can eat spicy foods, walk 3 malls in 3 days and have sex... all of which are fun but that baby won't come until he's good and ready. LOL.

Tiffany said...

AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you. I knew everything would work out. Congrats. Can't wait to meet this little one of yours!