I had such a great morning! First I am wearing prepreg jeans just unzipped and unbuttoned with the belly band. They fit and look so much better than maternity. Then I got to leave at 8am, Andrew was able to wait until 8:30am for our nurse to come watch Lily. Lily has been off since last week and will continue to be off school until next Wed.! I am not a huge fan of modified year round schooling. So then I dropped off Andi at pre k and she was actually happy to go. Then I stopped at Starbucks to treat myself since I had to drive all the way to Phoenix to drop off the meds for the study that Lily was in, I forgot them on Monday when we went. Remember organization skills, not so hot. So I get to Starbucks and the line is short. That alone could make my day. Then they made my drink fast and the check out girl said "Your shirt is hilarious!" (thanks Kibberts) then while waiting for my bagel the other gal says, "that shirt is just too cute!" I thank them and walk out the door which was being held open waiting for me to come thru by some nice young girl, I smiled and thanked her and returned the favor to the barista whom was cleaning outside and was coming back in. He smiled and thanked me. I got in my car and just smiled. I thought man that was a freaking coke commerical!
Then I get in my car and head to Phoenix. A local radio show kept me laughing and when I saw a sign saying "Photo Radar Ahead" I slow from 70 mph to 65 mph and apparently Ms. Hotpants didn't like that and cruised around me and flash! Ha! Ha! Freaking Ha! I pointed and laughed at her, but she didn't see me. Ha!
I get to the hospital and see 15 min parking spots that would save me dealing with the parking garage. I thought sweet and parked. Ran in and the only frustration I experienced at all this morning was the lack of golden rules people seem to ignore. I get on an empty elevator and go to the 4th floor. The door opens and when I try to step out there is a family of 4 walking in, totally blocking my way of getting out. I am thinking, wait isn't that a golden rule that everyone knows and follows? You wait for the person to get off, I even hold the door if they have a wheelchair or stroller and then you get on. Well whatever I shake it off and head to the office. Hand over the meds to the front desk gal and say I forgot these or whatever and she says "what is the patients name" and I said, "she is in the study, they don't have names in the study she is #7009." So then I get back on an empty elevator and wouldn't you know when I come off the thing on the first floor and lady with a newborn baby just rushes in and following her was at least 4 other women. I was like really? Seriously? You all aren't going to let me get off? Where am I? So I don't know about you all, but don't you wait? Don't you grab your kids and not let them go on the elevator until others get off? Am I crazy? Am I snobby? Anyway it didn't matter I had a good morning and those classless folks ain't getting me down.
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
All I can say is Who's your Daddy??
Admittedly I gained in my thighs and butt and could not fathom wearing non-pregnancy clothes when pregnant! Of course I was also pregnant when bows and teddy bears were on every freaking thing you could find. The second I had my last child suddenly everyone decided pregnancy doesn't have to make you dress like a three year old.
I missed it all. :)
Post a Comment