Friday, October 10, 2008

Prop What?!

So every night of the week I get a phone call. Not my husband, just me. It goes a little like this.
Hi this message is for Kimberly and we are calling on behalf of Yes on 102. We need to vote to keep marriage as a union of a man and a woman. Please vote yes.
Now I answered this phone call about a month ago and told the dude on the phone that in fact no, I will not be voting yes, I will be voting no. He thanked me for my time and I thought we were done. But they have not stopped calling me. I don't know if they think they will change my mind but I am about to go postal on the building they are calling from.
In fact by voting No, it will not be legal for gays to marry here, it is just a yes makes it just that much harder for them to ever get married here.
I see it this way, gays have enough troubles in life, why not let two people who fall in love get married and get the same tax benefits as the rest of us "happily married straight people".
I am not trying to be political, you all should know I rarely ever post my 2 cents on politics, but this is beyond annoying and it happens every night, always something to listen to on my answering machine before going to bed. I really hope they call tonight and I am home.
Have a splendid weekend.

2 comments:

Me said...

You need to say "Please remove me from your calling list." or "Please put me on your Do Not Call list."

And they will. But if you don't say that line, they legally can keep calling.

Ashlee said...

I will be voting no as well