I never claimed to be the brightest light on the Christmas tree, but I don't think I am totally ditsy, but sometimes I can shock myself. And I don't think it is cute to be Jessica Simpson ditsy, ok yeah I do think it is cute, but it isn't how I work. I do tend to let's just say, not think all the time before I act and I am pretty sure that at times might make me look a little less "there".
Today was one of those day. I was running late getting out of the house and didn't eat breakfast. I drop off Andi and stop at Starbucks and get my favorite drink non fat pumpkin spice latte with whip and since I was hungry I said throw in a blueberry muffin. I get back in my car, listen along with the radio. Giggle with the morning show. Call a friend and chat and then pull into the Dr. office. I am a few minutes early, they get me right in and say "here drink this, you got 5 minutes". Now it isn't that I forgot today was my glucose test, it was just that I didn't so much to think hey a boatload of sugar is probably not the best thing to ingest right before another boatload of sugar to hey what else but check my sugar. Sigh....
I told my Dr. with a sweet smile, and this was after crying about a 10 pound weight gain in a freaking month, 10 pounds in a month, 10 pounds in a month, that I didn't think and had Starbucks before I came. He said "well do you put sugar in your coffee?" and I smiled at that cute comment and thought awww he saves so much money a year by not understanding what I meant by "I had Starbucks this morning". I again said well it isn't really just coffee is a large amount of syrup added to my coffee along with skim milk and whipped cream. Oh he said, well you weren't supposed to fast, but that may make your test come back high and we will have to do it again. I again smiled and apologized and coughed into my hand and said "I also had a blueberry muffin". He just looks at me and I know he is thinking, and she has the nerve to complain about a 10 lb weight gain in a month.
Sigh... so we will see what happens. All is well. He said Zantac is totally fine, good thing since we are going to buy stock in it. You all might want to as well.... I still have technically 15 more weeks and I can't go a night with out it.
Hey someone has to stimulate this economy!
Speaking of that, last night I had to say this:
"We're in a recession, you don't need sprinkles!"
Who was I saying that too???
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ah, gotta love Dr. Falk.
Post a Comment