Friday, May 23, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

Let me start by saying not having an internet connection at home is like a slow miserable death. I have to hang out with my family 100% of the time. Do you know how tiresome that is?

Moving on, I am at work with my computer who actually gives me what I need and it is heaven, it is a short lived heaven though since I have to be at Lily's school in 1 hour for a class party. Who knows if I will make it back here, and it is a long weekend without internet. But the show must go on.

I have to tell you that today, May 23rd, I am writing from my office in Mesa, AZ wearing a long sleeved shirt and jeans. The high temp today will be a brisk mid 60's. Ok I know a lot of you are still dealing with snow and tornado's and all types of disasters, but this is insane. This was the temp in my car, reported by my gage after an hour in the garage on Monday.

That is 118 not 18 people, 118.


This is what my temp gage said this morning on my way to work, don't mind my chauffeur, his truck is in the shop so he is driving me around this weekend.



Isn't that lovely!? We went from record high on Tuesday to record low on Thursday. Sweet! Too bad it won't last much longer, but I am sure we will have a lot of people with some severe colds and allergies with these changes.

Anyway, I get it weather is totally uninteresting, but I just had to share.

So wanna see something I finally got fixed on me? Not my nose. Did I ever tell you the story about a few Christmas' back Andrew and I played The Newlywed Game with other couples in my family? No? Well one question was "What is the most manliest thing about your wife?" I of course write my height because my height is manly. Guess what stud McGee wrote, "her nose." Not only did we not win that game, he did not win my prized possession for some time. Anyway, yesterday finally I finished, well covered up a tattoo that I thought was cool at the ripe age of 18.
Here is the before:


Who doesn't love a quarter size sunflower just hanging out on their ankle? My first idea was a ankle band with vines and sunflowers, thank GOD that didn't happen, but I was left with a gay sunflower and I finally did something about it. And let me tell you.... OUCH! That mother effer hurt!


Here is the after, a little swollen:


Pretty cool, right? It really hurts still today, even worse, like I have a cankle.

So where does my title come from? Well yesterday I had an overload of funny sayings from 3 years old, Kibberts gave me permission for her little guys who has to be saved for last.

You can tell Andi is a Arizona girl through and through. Yesterday it rained all day, that rarely happens here and most of us and overly happy about it. Andi not so much. She was horribly inconvenienced by the rain and I had to watch her look out the window with her hand on her chin and say "Rain Rain Go Away". She would out of the blue ask, is it still raining? Then blurt out "It is still raining!" and sigh loudly. It was pretty funny.

Last night I left the house to go to Kibberts for our final Grey's night, well at least until Sept. We, Allison and I, have been going there weekly, minus strike time, to watch Grey's Anatomy. Andi was very perturbed that I was leaving and I said "I have to go, ok." and she says, very snotty, "Leaving is boring!"

So I get to Kibbert's, she greets me at the door with a picture Allison brought over with my face staring at two penises from a night in Vegas, before I was married, at a strip club. I knew it would be an interesting evening. We looked and laughed at the pictures Al brought over and Kibberts poured me some wine. We gabbed while Grey's was paused so we could fast forward commercials. So popcorn is made, wine is poured, we take our seats. We're watching our show. Kibberts little guy, 3, is not asleep yet and neither is his dad. They are keeping each other awake and Kibberts is in the middle, referring it seemed. So if you have read Kibberts blog you would know that her husband was in an awful wreck and has sustained a brain injury. I won't go into details, that is what Kibberts is doing, but I will say he has a little issue with impulses and controlling his language. It isn't like she can tell him not to swear and he will listen, not entirely different than my husband though, but anyway her husband throws the F bomb a few times a day or sentence. So little Kibberts comes out of the room and says "Mommy, Daddy just said f#cking go to sleep." Al and I were doing our best to stifle our laughs, fully aware of not encouraging the situation, but it was damn funny, but Kibberts had the best reaction I have ever seen to someone who could have been embarrassed by the whole thing. She stood up, bowed and said "this is my life" and she stomped into tell her husband that maybe let's refrain from telling our son to got to effing sleep. She then came back and said, you can blog about that tomorrow.

Look at what my life has become. Anything funny happens and I am given permission to blog about it.

2 comments:

Me said...

My "to do" list for 3 1/2 YEARS has been to have my ankle (OUCH!) tattoo fixed up since I was young and stupid and insisted he use the colors "purple and pink and blue" in it when it was supposed to be colors that you know... stand out. So I get asked all the time; "What is your tattoo of?" and I have to lick my fingers and get spit on them so I can rub the tattoo and "brighten it up" so they can see the stupid colors I chose for a very cool fairy on a tree branch. Except her dress, the leaves, her head and the wings all just kind of blend together. LOL. The spit DOES help it show up better though.

:) Grin.

Anonymous said...

LOL about the effing story. Every time SD announces a bad word from the garage while he's working I have to look at my kids and immediately say, "We don't say that" before they repeat it.

Lovely tat, lady!

And P.S. Don't bitch about 60...it's usually warmer than this by now but for God's sake the high today is 58 here and I'm about ready to lose my damn mind. It was 78 yesterday...one nice day, six days of crap, one nice day, six days of crap...that seems to be our spring this year.