When I complained to Andrew that I can't even go poop alone I had no idea what was about to come.
I have been running like a chicken with his head cut off lately. We have been going to Dr. apts, therapy (Lily, not me, although I think I need it), last week we had VBS which I volunteered to watch the leaders babies so I could stay with Ollie. This week is summer school for Lily. Nice break but I have to take her back and forth and since she is now 55 lbs and 50" it is getting harder and harder. Did I mention we moved horse therapy to 6am on Mondays? I really need an adaptive vehicle for her. Size Mediums at Target are all of a sudden waaay too tight for her. You know the next size up? A 9/10! A freaking 9/10 for my almost 7 year old. She is ginormous!!!!
So in all my efforts to get the kids where they need to be. I had to squeeze in an appointment with my gyno. I forgot to mention getting Andi to gymnastics, she starts dance this week and next week she has gymnastics summer camp, again nice break for me but it is squeezed in the middle of dropping off and picking up Lily. So not really a break. Especially with Ollie who likes to remind me of his dislike of the car seat constantly.
So when I realized I had a gyno appointment yesterday I thought I would be able to drop A and O off at the office (my old place of work) to either daddy or grandma, whom of which neither were there. I had to go to plan B. I didn't want to leave them with my aunt or sister since I knew they were busy and besides I don't feel like I am imposing when it is the kids dad or grandma, but I know my kids can be a huge pain in the rear so I do feel like I am imposing when it isn't someone who HAS to love them. Aunts love can quite possibly be less unconditional. Anyway I was scrambling since Oliver isn't in an infant seat anymore. Not after the airlines lost ours. We used Andi's old seat and he hates it less than the infant seat so even though we got our seat back, plus a $50 voucher, we are keeping him in the car seat. Only minus, I no longer have a "baby holder", I don't carry a stroller in the car with me since I only have room for Lily's wheelchair so I was thinking ok, baby on lap while legs in stirrups? Probably not. I start calling around, I call Allison, she lives by the Dr. She wasn't home BUT her hubby was and I could borrow her daughters infant seat! Score! I run by grab that seat, and pull up to the Dr.'s office.
I shamefully walk in. I just know people are saying, she is pregnant again? I want a shirt that says "I'm just here for a pap". It was 30 minutes after my scheduled apt and we are still in the waiting room. Oliver has had it and is hungry. I start to nurse him, and just like going to the bathroom while out to eat and your dinner comes, the nurse calls my name. I have to take him off my boob and boy that wasn't cool with him. So I have this screaming baby. Oh did I mention Andi starts telling me how she HAS TO POOP NOW! The nurse holds Oliver while I weigh myself. I cough out the number to her just so no one over hears that I am 4 months post partum and still have weight to loose. I get Andi to the bathroom, and she wasn't kidding, she really had to go. I get to my room. I put Ollie down in the infant seat while I get naked and he screams. The Dr. comes in. Ollie screams. I get into position. Ollie screams. It was fantabulous fun! The Dr. asks me what I am doing about birth control and I just point to my kids and say "that". Dr. laughs, asks "seriously", since you can tell he'd rather me not procreate ever again as well, I said daddy got taken care of so we're good. He said we need to make sure it took though and have his sperm tested. Ok, I promise, I will not walk into this office again carrying a baby in my tummy ever again. Scouts honor. The Dr. really was patient and awesome and he is really the reason I had Oliver. I just wanted to spend the next nine months bs'ing about life with him. Not really, but kind of. Let me know if you want a referal. He really is that good.
But let me just say that whole experience really taught me that, while no I can't poo alone, I can't be violated by my Dr. alone either. I had to look over at wide eyed Andi and say "this is only ok because he is a Dr."
Sigh....I need a massage....alone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Kim I laughed til I cried! You need to write a book!!!
Kim... pls let me watch Andi and Oliver so you can go get a massage while Lily is at school. You NEED it! I promise I will be a good sitter!!!! SERIOUSLY... I will be in town for 2 more weeks! PLEASE!!!! My kids would LOVE it.
Post a Comment