Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol season 8 review right here

Most of you whom have been reading my blog for years now know that I am a big American Idol fan and have been watching/blogging about it since well… probably season 4. Well watching since day 1 season 1, back in 2002. But the whole blogging thing didn’t start to around season 4. I did it a lot of the previous blog that I had to shut down for a reason or nother. I know nother isn’t a word, ok. Chill red squiggly line.
Anyway, you may have noticed that I have said not one word about this season. But you probably have also noticed I have said not one word about a lot of things, seeing how this blog is my red headed step child. I should really rename it to that. But I digress…
I have wanted to talk about AI, but really the time escapes me. I am relishing today on the fact that it is near freezing this May afternoon at a brisk 85 degrees and cloudy so I have a reason to not spend an hour of my day in the pool with Andi. I know my life as a stay at home mom is really super hard and trying on my poor soul. But I actually get a minute to spend writing. And not just one liners on Facebook. Or Twitter. Geeze what are these words, what would I have thought of them if I had this blog in my hands 10 years ago. Blog, WTH is a blog?
Ok.. I just wanted to say that last night’s finale was AWESOME! I really mean it!
I loved the music! I loved the duet with Kris and hottie bo bottie Keith Urban. I loved Danny singing with Lionel Richie and can I just say that man looks AMAZING! How old is he now anyway? What a stud. Makes me feel like dancing on the ceiling… I don’t know, I do drugs. Not really, but it is funnier if I did.
I thought Randy looked adorable Tuesday night and Wednesday night. Some may have chuckled about his wardrobe but I found it rather foxy.
I have never liked Adam, not at all. I think it is b/c I have HD and he really looks kinda bad on HD. I know I shouldn’t judge, I am sure I would look pretty crappy on HD too and am thankful my modeling days were in the old days of cable. Or whatever, not HD.
But his make up is so make-up”y” you know? Ok I know it isn’t about that. He is a talented guy, but the screaming. And the tongue. Ugh. And I am even not really against the whole “guyliner” thing, actually one time at dinner at a fancy restaurant in Scottsdale our table sat across the drummer from Marilyn Manson and he had “guyliner” on and I couldn’t help but find him oddly attractive. Of course never more than my gorgeous husband, but it surprised me that I thought it looked good on that guy. Ok point, Kim? My point is make up on a guy isn’t that horrible, but let the “guyliner” be just that, we don’t need glitter as well do we? And Kiss? Yuck! It is hard to take Gene Simmons serious or not serious, whatever, after you see him a normal funny talking guy on TV. And aren’t those guys getting a little too old for all that silliness?
I liked Danny from the beginning and am surprised he didn’t take the whole thing, but I am not worried one bit about him. He will go on and do well. I find it very sweet that he continues to wear his wedding ring and that is great that he never spoke of his wife who passed to insure no pity votes. But he really did not need any sympathy votes, he can really sing.
Kris was my second favorite and I am glad he won. I was surprised by his humbleness and thought he should have had a little more faith in his self. He said Adam should have won…that was the time to finally feel validated, I mean 100 million votes! Seriously? You won a majority of almost 100 million votes. You’re good dude. Smile. Say yay.
I have to be honest though while watching “We are the Champions” I figured if I were watching the show for the first time not knowing who is who, I would expect Adam to win the thing by hearing him sing that song. He really blew me away with that song and to be totally honest even though he was not my favorite, I still thought he should have taken the crown, or statue, or whatever they were giving away this season.
I really truly enjoyed this finale. It was not my favorite season and I think it is because the girls were just so very awful this year. I mean I am pretty sure I could have sung better than Megan last night. I’m also pretty sure we won’t be seeing any of those girls again, well… except for Allison. But the rest, we may see, but it won’t be on a stage singing.
I will always love season 7, maybe has something to do with David Cook :) whom by the way…LOVED last night! But I also loved last season’s Idol Gives Back (where was that this year anyway?) and I still listen almost daily to the Top 10 singing Shout to the Lord. You don’t even have to like God to like that song. But I do actually like God so it is even cooler for me. It is the best collaboration of all the Idols songs ever. Well of course all this is said in my most humble opinion.
I think I will always have a soft spot for Idol season 1. I can clearly remember sitting on the couch holding my 2 week old daughter, Lily, with tears streaming down my face as Kelly sang “Moment like this” it sure didn’t move me like that when Justin sang it. I had a hard time at first with Lily bonding. I was so tired and had no idea being a mom would be so tough those first couple weeks, but holding her, hearing those words hit me like a ton of bricks and yeah that was a moment I had waited my lifetime for. Then a week later Lily started having seizures and her story started there, so yeah I guess that moment holding her watching AI will always be a poignant moment in my life.
But even if it wasn’t my favorite of seasons, it was my one of my favorite finales!
I don’t care what other say I love the Norman Sparkles or whatever his name is. I always laughed when he would sing and be silly and I enjoyed his little shtick last night.
Bikini girl and Cara… ugh. Cara bugs me and it annoys me that she did that last night. Some think it was funny, I found it a little desperate. I thought she was ridiculous to call the very annoying bikini girl a b back at the auditions, even if she deserved it, it still was very unprofessional. But I loved when Ryan said “I was going to ask you what was new, but I think I already know!” That was classic!
This is what happens when I have a few minutes of time on my hands. I purge. So much I want to say, so many run on sentences to write. Grammar kind of looses to getting it out in a matter of time. You know the whole quantity over quality.
So I would LOVE to hear all your comments on my comments and whatever you enjoyed about the show, the season. Whatever… purge along with me. That way I won’t feel so dirty.

No comments: