8 year anniversary and we wanted to celebrate in style! Mom came over to watch the kids and we went to The Melting Pot. Yum, yum, yum! That is our place for celebration. Almost every birthday and anniversary is spent there, plus our family’s grocery money. That’s ok; we survive the rest of the week on mac and cheese.
I got home at 5:45pm from picking Andi from pre k, then taking her to gymnastics. It’s 110 outside. I get home, no time to shower or shave. I take out my braids I wore (on purpose) and let my hair down, nice waves. Put on some mascara, blush and lip gloss. Tell my mom the run down for the kids, nursed Oliver and we are out the door 15 minutes late. Apparently amongst my amuck, my husband took two Advil migraines. He didn’t even have a migraine.
We get to the restaurant. They put us in the closed in booth with the curtains. Not my fav, I am more of a people watcher, but bring on the romance. We order wine. We get our cheese. (My favorite!) I dig in. Hubby, not so much. He is eating slow. We are talking, having a nice time. Salads come. I eat my entire salad. Hubby pushes the fork around, and that was it. Then the main course. I eat. Hubby insisted on the more expensive lobster meal and there the lobster sits. Uneaten. I ask for the cocktail sauce, they no longer have it. I eat. Andrew doesn’t. Head in hands. He is sweating. He thinks he may vomit. He continues with head in hands. I eat.
Dessert comes. Banana foster chocolate dip. I eat. And eat. Andrew touches one banana and holds head in hand. I get the bill. Pay. Wish I spent $150 on a cute outfit. I have to drive and then I have to fill the car with gas.
I tell you what though, I am pretty darn sure we will have many many more anniversaries and I will make sure he does not try to be proactive and prevent another head ache again.
Still love you babe and can’t wait to get my massage! Best gift ever!!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment